My youngest (16) is still best friends with the girls she started kindergarten with 12 years ago, even though they're going to different schools and one now lives in a different state. Come school holidays, they always try to get together. Special friendships.
These 'blondies' (brownies) are rather decadent even though I used 'light' peanut butter to try to cut down a little on the kilojoules. The verdict from the girls...D E L I C I O U S!
|Rachel Allen's Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Blondies|
Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Blondies
Recipe from Rachel Allen Bake!
- 125g (4 ½ oz) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g (31/2oz) butter, softened
- 150g (5oz) crunchy peanut butter
- 175g (6oz) soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g (3oz) white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC (325°F), Gas mark 3. Butter the sides of the cake tin (20 x 20cm (8 x 8in) square cake tin) and line the base with greaseproof paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter together until very soft. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add the flour, baking powder and the chopped chocolate and mix to form a dough.
- Place the dough in the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown and almost firm in the centre.
- Allow to cool in the tin, before removing and cutting into squares.
How long do these delicious squares store? I don't think they'll last long enough for it to be an issue. Once in a while, a little decadence can be a good thing.
Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. ~Mark Twain